Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Update: Island work+vacation

I have not been updating this blog for quite sometime now. Well, all due to deprivation of inspiration. Okie, anyway I want to tell you guys about my work + vacation at an island recently. Actually it is a class trip and it is for a course assessment. But hello, you are on a vacation island, will you do your work only and not have fun? Never. That was what happened. Oh, by the way, it was Pangkor island. For those who have no idea (like seriously?), just google it up. I do not feel like putting up facts in here since this is my blog, not an information counter. Hehe.

Oh, actually before I went there, I got this uneasy feeling in my stomach saying that something bad is about to happen. Well, I was the program committee member and I seriously was worried if the program fails and disrupt my marks. Luckily, my doubt was not satisfied. It was a success, although by a little margin. We did increase the students’ self confidence and they can talk in front of crowd now. It was a good improvement in them and an indicator of successfulness of our program. All in all, I am happy with the program.

Now, let’s talk about the vacation part. OMG, my days were filled with seawater. Yes, I am constantly in the sea, exposing my skin to the sunlight and trying my best to get a good tan, but to no avail. Looks like melanin don’t really work in my body. I am still as fair as before, if darker, maybe on very low level. Like a cup of milk added with a teaspoon of coffee. That dark. Haha. Then went for a 15 minutes shopping spree at the jetty to buy sea products. Went there for 3 days 2 nights.

To be honest, it was a good breakaway from SA. For once, I could forget all my problems here. Being back in my element (the sea) is so good, it feels great and it made me realize why I love my hometown. Sea is great. It holds calmness and secrets. Among them are mine.

*slightly calmer*

0 comments: